Thursday, May 7, 2009

In case you're wondering...

...I AM currently doing something to try to lose weight. I've tried a lot of things in the past with some success (Weight Watchers, low-carb, Isagenix, cabbage soup, starvation). I figured my next step would be to either start smoking meth or buy a tape worm on the Internet. But after some serious thought, I came to the conclusion that I’d just end up being a fat meth user…so what’s the point of that?...I’d have bad skin, no teeth, twitches and still be chubby. A tape worm would work but I’m really not a fan of vomiting or shitting my pants, so I guess that’s out too. I felt the best & had the best results when I was using Isagenix. And hey…I still have a lot of that stuff around the house, so I decided I’d go with that.

It’s only been about a solid week of an honest effort and so far…pretty good. Except yesterday, I started out doing well in the morning. But when a co-worker came in and offered me a cookie, I couldn’t say no. (I don’t practice a specific religion, but I’m beginning to think that maybe I DO have a religion – one that doesn’t allow me to turn down baked items.) I hesitated for a second or two…but then I caught sight of the delicious, white chocolate, macadamia nut, disc-shaped object and thought “Yeah…that would go great with my Isagenix meal replacement shake!” Needless to say, I enjoyed the cookie with much delight…but I didn’t let it get me down…I finished the day off well.

2 comments:

  1. Turning down a favorite food leads to feelings of deprivation which leads to feelings of anger which leads to overeating. I'm glad you allowed yourself a cookie! Moderation in all things is the key. Pick your treats wisely and enjoy the hell out of them! And then just keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't talk to you all day today and guess what? I went to the Cheesecake Factory. I'm totally blaming you. Boo!

    ReplyDelete