Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Positive Thinking

Last week, a friend read my blog and loved it. Then she sent me a FB email. She explained that she wanted to comment, but hesitated in doing so because she is one who always thinks positively and tries to find the bright side of everything. Given my sarcasm in my blog, as well as a history of cynical FB conversations, she assumed that I was not a fan of positive thinking.

I responded to her as follows:

Please don't think that I don't ever want to hear what you have to say. I'm actually a lot like you in that I too try to focus on the positive side of all things because being negative & down in the dumps about everything is unhealthy, unproductive, and just plain stupid. I know in my heart that everything happens for a reason...I think we all have to learn from life, even the shitty parts...and that it's only up to us to change what we don't like. So please know that I'm definitely ok with you commenting on that type of thing...I want everyone and anyone to comment on my blog posts.

With that being said, I'm also a major smart-ass. The negative & cynical things I say...not only in my blog but in person as well...are my way of dealing with life. I'm not a pessimist nor an optimist - I'm a realist...and sometimes reality sucks!! So sarcasm helps me deal with it.

Even though this blog might sound like I'm out to have a pity party, that's not my intention. I'm certainly not the type of person to sit around and think "poor me"...especially with my weight issue. I'm just so sick of being fat...yet, I'm the only one who can change it. The blog posts are the outward display of what's going on inside my head...the constant inner conflicts I have as I go from one thought of being positive and thinking "ok, I really want to be thin...I can do this...I'm GOING to do this!"...to 5 minutes later when I think "oh who gives a shit?!?...I'm just gonna be fat for the rest of my life...so where's the next Del Taco?"

I don't keep a journal at home because I just don't have the attention span to sit down and hand-write my feelings out every night. So I decided that I was gonna type them out in the form of a blog. It's meant to be therapeutic & funny at the same time...an outlet for me to basically get angry at myself...angry enough to finally get a fire lit under my ass to lose weight!! It's also meant to (hopefully) entertain my friends, family, and others who might stumble upon it.


So please know that I welcome ALL comments, regardless of the tone.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny I was sitting and pouting about my extra large flabiness just the other night. I told Lance instead of a family blog I needed to have a blog about my weightloss failures! Thanks to you I don't have to I will just read yours:)hehe
    Just so you know I am reading the book on my next diet right now and as I am reading it I am eating french fries and a coke! It's no fair, why can't I lose weight!lol
    With love,
    Back Fat Betty
    (Steph)

    ReplyDelete