Wednesday, May 6, 2009

skinny vs. thin vs. fit

I guess it's not necessarily that I want to be skinny. I don't want to look like some kind of waif who is in desperate need of a sandwich. I just want to be thinner than I am now...by about 60-80 pounds. I also want very much to get back into the great physical shape I was in in my mid-twenties when I was going to the gym five times a week. Many times I'll talk myself out of this goal for it being 'unrealistic' to look the way I did back then...but then I figure "Why the hell not?!?" Aren't the 30's the "new 20's"? And the 40's the "new 30's"? (So on and so forth until society is finally able to be happy with itself at any age.) I have several friends who are in FANTASTIC physical shape...probably more so now than they were 10-15 years ago. I have great muscle tone...I know it's all there under the layers of nacho-infused fat...so I'm sure it will be easy to get it to come back around. I just need to do it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment